Thursday, February 4, 2010

Faces of Escape

It was one of those normal evenings in the Boston winter night, where your hands freeze when uncovered and your nose feels like an ice cube.

(I tell you the truth, I don't know if I'll ever adapt to the cold winter of Boston coming from the other side of The American coast where the sun is always shining.)

Anyways, a text from a friend came that night, an invitation of sorts, and me being the type that is socially dyspathetic, at first, didn't know how I would respond. Through it all I decided to go forward and meet up with my acquaintance. I quickly found this place... unlike my last adventure, lol. Walking into this lair of sorts I found my friend and a stool, and so I sat and it began. Though I am not one to consume normally, it was the situation where a man would consume and so I did. I consumed and talked, laughed and caught up. Catching up was a big pull of me being there.

(Well, that and I needed something else to blog about, lol)

After a couple drinks, 10 good laughs and the sharing of each others lives, I looked up, out, and around. Concluding my extensive scan of the room I noticed more and more people than had previously come to my attention . The 'faces of escape' surrounded me as a sat talking with a friend. This dwelling was now packed, claustrophobia was beginning to set in.

"So, these are where the faces go looking for smiles and a 'good time'!" I thought.

There would be no other reason for a line around the corner to a place like this. A place of dim lights and less than appropriate clothing attire needed for access. It was where the cockroaches came out, for it was a place untouched by the light. When the night grew deeper the line forming became longer and then the escape began. The dance between lust and the desire of acceptance commenced, and thus the summon to my pallet arose and I answered in a positive embrace. This my friends is where my adventure came to an end and my eye lids came to a close.

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Stand for Israel