Monday, June 14, 2010

'Anti-Semitism is in Fashion'


Ok so I have noticed the rise in anti-semitism lately and have heard and read stats that concur with that idea. I've even heard reports that say anti-semitism hasn't been as high in the world since Nazi Germany (which is VERY scary to think). Even after reading all the stats and facts it didn't fully click with me until today as I picked up a Boston Metro paper(which I NEVER do). After reading about Obama and his antics, I turned the page to the letters/emails.

I couldn't find a link to the letter online so I will write it out here:

"WHEN IT COMES TO ISRAEL, SHHH!
re: 'Anti-Semitism is in Fashion', June 10.



Helen Thomas is another Israeli causality. Why is it when someone criticizes Israel or speaks the truth about the situation there, they have to immediately rescind or retract their statement or apologize. No Matter how truthful and factual that statement might be?-Edward B Jones, via email"

FIRST OF ALL, 'Isreali causality'- REALLY? You'd think someone from Israel had hurt her in some way, when in truth she was the only one throwing punches.

SECOND, maybe when someone says something critical AND (not OR) truthful about Israel then maybe they won't have to retract their statement. Helen had no truth in her ant-semitic statement only hate and let me show you because I have it right here:

Nesenoff: Any comments on Israel? We're asking everybody today, any comments on Israel?
Thomas: Tell them to get the hell out of Palestine.
Nesenoff: Oooh. Any better comments on Israel?
Thomas: Remember, these people are occupied and it's their land. It's not German, it's not Poland ...
Nesenoff: So where should they go, what should they do?
Thomas: They go home.
Nesenoff: Where's the home?
Thomas: Poland. Germany.
Nesenoff: So you're saying the Jews go back to Poland and Germany?
Thomas: And America and everywhere else.




They should go back to Poland and Germany??? Historically Jewish People have been occupying Israel way before the Holocaust. The ignorance of this woman is incredible!


Thomas subsequently issued an apology on her personal web site: "I deeply regret my comments I made last week regarding the Israelis and the Palestinians. They do not reflect my heart-felt belief that peace will come to the Middle East only when all parties recognize the need for mutual respect and tolerance. May that day come soon."


OMG!!! First of all apologizing in writing when she slammed Israel publicly is much like breaking up over a text message, it shows the true character of a person. If she really felt the need for mutual respect and tolerance then she would be practicing it, which could only mean she's lying to us once again in an apology. This woman was the white house press correspondent and I am afraid her statement echoes mutuality of feelings with the rest of the administration.


THIRD, I want to remind you all of just the recent times related to Islam WE BENT OVER when it came to our free speech.

Comedy Central(South Park episode) - Does comedy central censor Jesus or Jewish jokes, or do they apologize in the least? NO, they don't, but they censor Muhammad and apologize for bashing him.

Facebook(draw muhammad day) - Did any anti Christian or Jewish groups get taken down... no but a draw muhammad day group did along with some other anti Islam groups.

Itunes(I Slam APP) - Apple took down an I Slam APP on it's site but kept selling the equivalent ones for Christians/Jews.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U452hvls57A <--- Conversation with Apple



Christians, stop with the elitist mentality especially when it comes to Israel and stop being blind to the Islam Ideology! Get on your knees and pray, open your mouth and speak out! We need to be standing up for Israel and the Jewish people because I fear no one else is going to.

2 comments:

  1. hmmm... didn't the house fall on her?
    or is she the one with the flying monkeys?
    I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, I actually think that every time I see the picture but I've been refraining from verbalizing it :)

    ReplyDelete

I Stand for Israel