Thursday, July 8, 2010

#1 - Abba - 1,000 Recordings to Hear Before you Die



I had credit at Trident Bookstore and decide to use it to purchase two books, one by Author C.S. Lewis 'Mere Christianity', which I am very excited about, and another by Tom Moon '1,000 Recordings To Hear Before You Die'.  I am tempting to listen through this book every day...  We'll see how this goes :)  The book is arranged alphabetically and so my first artist on the list is ABBA.  I'm not much on music reviews but I figure I will post the new songs each day in hopes others share this journey with me.  I will be focusing on the songs rather than the full album choices and the related artist listening but I will post all the information on my blog for you guys!  Please comment and give me your opinions on the artists/songs as well!




Artist: ABBA

Songs : "SOS"  "Waterloo"  "Take a Chance on Me"  "Fernando"  "Dancing Queen"

Choice Album :  "Arrival"

Next Stop : "The Cardigans: Life"

After That : "Duran Duran: Rio"

Review:  "Yeah the 70's!"



1 comment:

  1. I hope you love this book as much as I do. I am going through all the recordings right now as well (226 down, but I am including some that I have already heard) and I have discovered an insane amount of great music (although I have also suffered through some operas). I was surprised, but ABBA actually had some great songs even if they are considered a bit cheesy nowadays. Anyways, I am streaming the recordings as I go through them at www.recordingstherecordings.blogspot.com so it'll be good to watch your progression as well. If you do 1 a day you will catch up to me pretty quick.

    ReplyDelete

I Stand for Israel