Sunday, December 19, 2010

#7 - John Adams - The Death of Klinghoffer

After a very eventful summer in Boston, many sad goodbyes, and a few months of reacquainting myself with the SoCal life I was reminded of the journey I once began... A journey through '1,000 Recordings To Hear Before You Die'.   I am now at #7...   I'll pick up there and be going through this book daily as I noted on 'The Journey' page.... LET'S DO THIS!!! :)




Christopher Maltman, Sanford Sylvan, Yvonne Howard, London Symphony Orchestra 


Artist: John Adams (The Death of Klinghoffer)

Songs: Prologue: "Chorus of the Exiled Palestinians"; Act 1: "We Are Very Sorry for You"; Act 2: "I've Never Been A Violent Man."

Choice Album: Shaker Loops, The Wound-Dresser, Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra

Next Stop: Phillip Glass: Koyaanisqatsi


Review:  "John Adams is in here twice... interesting"




Music Samples




Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Stand for Israel