Saturday, January 15, 2011

Mt. Soledad Rally/Protest

My Adventure's at the 

RALLY IN SUPPORT OF THE MT. SOLEDAD VETERANS MEMORIAL






Mt. Soledad History
(for bigger view click picture)

Side Rant-  It's getting very annoying especially in California when WE THE PEOPLE vote on an issue and then it gets overturned.  Do our votes not count? Why do they even put an issue on the ballet if they aren't going to listen to our opinion?  Is everyone else okay with our votes meaning nothing? 
 .... maybe it's just me....


-THE RALLY-




-THE SIGNS-








There were some protesters protesting the protest...



It could just be me... but I don't think taking Martin Luther King Jr's quote out of context to call people 'sincerely ignorant' or 'conscientiously stupid' is going to win them over... lol





The Old Rugged Cross

On a hill far away stood an old rugged cross,
The emblem of suffering and shame;
And I love that old cross where the dearest and best
For a world of lost sinners was slain.


So I’ll cherish the old rugged cross,
Till my trophies at last I lay down;
I will cling to the old rugged cross,
And exchange it some day for a crown.


O that old rugged cross, so despised by the world,
Has a wondrous attraction for me;
For the dear Lamb of God left His glory above
To bear it to dark Calvary.


In that old rugged cross, stained with blood so divine,
A wondrous beauty I see,
For ’twas on that old cross Jesus suffered and died,
To pardon and sanctify me.


To the old rugged cross I will ever be true;
Its shame and reproach gladly bear;
Then He’ll call me some day to my home far away,
Where His glory forever I’ll share.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I Stand for Israel